Military Veteran Services
The crisis facing the nation in meeting the physical and mental health needs of the Armed Forces having served our country continues to grow. Many communities are not equipped to respond appropriately, nor are they aware of how to best work with military and veterans systems in the process.
Easter Seals’ Military & Veterans Services responds to this call to action. As the largest provider of disability-related services to individuals with disabilities and their families, Easter Seals offers military and veterans systems of care with viable options to support and augment current reintegration efforts. Easter Seals is leveraging, integrating and building community capacity through federal, state and local resources to meet specific needs through information, services, supports and community resources.
Services for Military and Veterans Communities
In communities nationwide, Easter Seals is being asked to help meet the needs of America’s military service members and Veterans with disabilities and their families. Our goal is to promote their successes by helping them attain their personal and family goals while becoming full participants within their own communities.
Our commitment to reaching out to the military community goes back to World War II. Easter Seals has a long history of providing support to individuals who need a helping hand. We are poised with our nationwide affiliate network to navigate the often difficult journey as they return home.
Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin is focused on the critical intersections of three areas that benefit our veterans, active military and their families -- access to health care, meaningful employment and education. Locally, we have launched a number of different programs to help meet the needs of veterans and service members in our community:
- Caregiver Support and Training -- Offer training to family caregivers of service members and veterans who choose to receive care from home.
- Family Respite and Care -- Provide specialized “time off” respite support for military families who care for a family member with disabilities or special needs.
- Community Reintegration Programs -- Help identify and access community transition supports and services, including counseling, employment, child care and financial assistance.
- Employment Services -- Provide training, job placement, resources and other services to assist returning military service members and veterans to secure career opportunities.
- Forward Operating Base (FOB) -- In partnership with Dryhootch of America, we are offering a supportive environment where veterans and military service members are able to drop in without an appointment to seek community resources, support, and camaraderie all in a drug/alcohol free environment.
- Community OneSource -- Provide personalized assistance in accessing military benefits, financial assistance, employment, health services and community resources.
For more information on military and veteran services offered through Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin, please contact us.
Learn more about our National Easter Seals' Military & Veterans Services and partnership with the Dixon Center.